The goal of this course is for all care team members to learn engagement tools/skills in order to have productive conversations with patients about their health including basic motivational interviewing skills. The care team member will build upon this foundation in order to apply their skills in different situations, such as Medication Assisted Treatment, (MAT) and palliative care. The objectives of this course are:
- Describe the patient-centered approach of motivational interviewing.
- Explain the conversation style that is the spirit of motivational interviewing.
- Demonstrate basic motivational interviewing skills.
- Discuss how to use patient language cues (change talk and resistance) in the application of motivational interviewing skills.
- Explain how to engage the patient in the four processes in motivational interviewing necessary for health behavior change.
- Identify barriers to patient engagement and behavior change.
- Identify how to make cultural adaptations to motivational interviewing.
It is strongly recommended to take Introduction to Team Based Care before taking this course. Register here or login to register. This a live virtual workshop.
Target audience: Care managers who have completed Intro to Team-Based Care
Registration deadline is July 13 at 5pm. Restricted PO Event.